The New Cuba provides:
• Project & Travel Consulting in Cuba
• Concierge Service for VIPS in Cuba
• Production Services
• Music Supervision | Recording | Composing
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire further on each of these services.
Jauretsi is “a New York based Cuban Culture Hunter” (Billboard Magazine)
I am a Cuban-American who has been visiting the motherland for nearly 20 years, just as long as I have been living in New York, where I excelled in the field of Media. Over the years, my print and media clients have included Conde Nast, eBay, Pharrell Williams’ I Am Other , The Standard Hotel, and a bevy of Luxury clients. To view my American media work, visit Jauretsi.com. On the side, I have always been deeply impassioned by my Cuban roots (as Cubans do so well), thus my complicated journey back to the island with all the joy and sorrow it brought.
During my first documentary shoot in Cuba early 2000’s, I launched this blog and radio show (formerly named Sugar Barons). It was a soundboard to share my thoughts on the complicated conversation of engaging Cuba as an American. Since then, each of my journeys back to Cuba revealed a furiously hungry youth culture ready to join the 21st century. Then December 17, 2014 happened, the symbolic day. President Obama changed the course of history. All of our lives are different. We have now entered an era of healing. It is now my mission to dive head first into the creative swirl of energy that is The New Cuba, and help be part of this change.
In an attempt to further discuss and debate this phoenix rising from the ashes, I launched The New Cuba conference , a gathering of experts working in different creative fields in Cuba. The New Cuba will also be offering consulting, curated trips, talent booking, VIP/Concierge service, and content creation on the island — all with the intention of fostering better understanding of the current culture and climate of the Cuban people.
This renewing of US-Cuba relations will most likely be awkward, difficult, and interesting, but nonetheless, it is a new road worth exploring. Stay tuned as I attempt to catch this deluge in a paper cup.
(Subscribe to this blog via email alerts. Button on the homepage)
onwards & upwards,
Jauretsi & The New Cuba crew
(Click here to read my full bio).
(or leave a note below)
• Netlfix shoots THE OA in Cuba: Music Consulting/Booking
• Polygon.com article on Gaming Culture in Cuba: Consulting & Sourcing
• Racked.com article on Fashion Designers in Cuba: Consulting & Sourcing
• Showtime’s House of Lies, episode in Havana Music Remix / Composition
• Questlove in Cuba Music Booking / Content Creation
• The New Cuba Conference: Founder
• Co-Director, Documentary, East of Havana (2006) on iTunes or Amazon with D&D Films.
• DJ/Host, Radio Show, Podcasts broadcast from Miss Lily’s (New York)
Jauretsi – Digital Strategy | Content Creation